Based in Portlaoise with a leading manufacturer of raw materials, ingredients and additives, this permanent job is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career or for someone who is looking for a job closer to home.
- The Production Operator is responsible to support the business for the safe, efficient and effective operation of plant equipment and processes.
- The Production Operator will perform a variety of activities, including Dispensing, thinning/blending, set up of equipment for various plant tasks, filling/ packaging of products, assisting with the loading/unloading of finished goods, warehouse receiving/Dispatch (work with the weighbridge system liaising with driver).
- Operating mobile plant on site as required such as forklifts.
- Conducting plant checks & inspections, along with responding to any alarms, carrying out fault finding & first line maintenance (on pumps, gearboxes, conveyors etc.).
- The role may involve shift work to support business volumes.
- Previous experience in a similar chemical batch manufacturing environment would be advantageous. Ability to follow written and verbal instruction from others in a busy factory environment.
- Knowledge/awareness of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations is preferable.
- Good document practices in adherence to regulatory requirements while performing all tasks.
- At least 3 years' experience as an operator on complex processes is essential.
- Previous experience working within a GMP environment site is desirable.
- Recording and analyzing process data to inform decision making and recommendations
- Experience writing/ modifying SOPs is desirable - Participate effectively in writing/revising/ rolling out accurate operational procedures, training materials.
- Experience in process development and/ or commissioning new plant where outcomes are less certain and there is a need for flexibility
- Handling hazardous chemicals.
- Experience operating with Safe Systems of work including Permits
- Competent with hand tools and basic maintenance is desirable
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton