This is a manufacturing position at a new manufacturing facility located in Castlebar, Ireland, Meissner Filtration.
Single-Use Process Solutions (SUPS) are used in the manufacture of cutting edge and lifesaving medicines. They can vary greatly in terms of size and complexity, and most are unique designs. Typical production runs are between ten (10) and one-thousand (1000). Our production operations accommodate this flexibility while still ensuring that these products meet the critical quality specifications demanded by their end use. Production Operators will function in a dynamic production environment where quality is the number one requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These include the following, others may be assigned.
- Manufactures SUPS according to design specifications which will be communicated via engineering drawings and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Interfaces with computers/software which facilitates all phases of production activity including tracking of production order status, electronic batch record generation, lot control, inventory control, etc.
- Reads SOPs to properly perform necessary manufacturing operations.
- Adjusts machine settings according to SOPs.
- Initiates welding cycle of various pieces of machinery involved in production of single-use biocontainers.
- Examines and tests single-use products at various stages of production, according to SOPs, to detect nonstandard or defective assemblies.
- Maintains meticulous records of production and defects.
- Visually inspects all finished product for adherence to design specifications as well as packaging and labeling accuracy.
- Participates in packaging/shipping of all finished product.
- Observes automatic machinery and notifies operations manager and/or quality of any irregularities.
- Cleans equipment at various stages of production.
To exceed at this job an individual must be able to perform each of the essential duties listed well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully function in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with cleanroom manufacturing is desired
- Experience working in a regulated industry is beneficial.
- Basic computer skills are essential with ability to quickly learn customized software applications.
- Must have strong English Language written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to record production results.
- A personal commitment to produce the highest quality product possible is essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please send your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org