Production Operator | Mid Shift - 12-month contract with a strong opportunity for permanency (15:30-12 am Monday to Thursday, 14:15- 20:15 Friday)
The Production Operator is responsible for the manufacture of medical devices. This Production Operator performs a variety of assembly and sub-assembly operations of medical devices including test and packaging processes. The Production Operator checks that raw materials and equipment are working correctly. This role is based in Galway city.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Work in a clean room environment and demonstrate GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) & GDP (Good Documentation Practice) in all elements of their work ensuring high standards are maintained, and work procedures and specifications are followed.
- Ensures satisfactory set up of raw material or equipment ensuring Manufacturing Process Instruction (MPI) is followed correctly.
- Cleans tools and equipment per documented procedures
- Assembles, repairs, inspect and/or test products following MPI.
- Records required information on approved documents and in real time
- Responsible for disposing of hazardous waste material in line with H&S regulations.
- Maintain a safe work environment for everyone (individual & colleagues) by abiding to H&S policies and documentation.
- Trains other employees on various steps when necessary and with agreement.
Knowledge & Educational Requirements
- Applies knowledge of MPI, business concepts, procedures and practices and a basic understanding of department fundamentals.
- Candidates must be educated to Leaving Certificate standard or equivalent.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Brid Foran