- Reference: 45344
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Longford, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Production
Production – Operations Manager – Permanent role in a start-up facility in Longford.
Great opportunity to join a company during early stages in the journey of the products and team building. You will be part of the senior management team and given the opportunity to develop systems/processes/resources for the manufacturing facility. The role will cover the production and general site operations across all functions. The company is already in early stage production with some product ranges and will be bringing new products and new production lines to meet the growth strategy.
Role Outline :
Production Manager required for a start-up manufacturing company based in Longford. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day operational activities within the business, including production management & planning, inventory management, logistics planning and people management as required by the business. Strong focus on production target setting, quality and operational KPI’s to ensure customer needs and business performance targets are met.
- To schedule production lines in line with the company sales orders and manufacturing schedule to ensure daily/weekly work targets are met.
- To organize production teams effectively to provide appropriate capacity to meet Business demands from a commercial and non commercial standpoint (new process transfers, process development/validations).
- To provide effective supervision of people which includes headcount planning; training and development; timekeeping and attendance; resolution of issues, and timely completion of annual performance reviews.
- To monitor and maintain operations KPI’s showing actual line performance against standard, for throughput, yield, quality and schedule adherence. To account for variances through accurate reporting of downtime and defect analysis.
- To drive continuous improvement projects which will have a positive impact (cost reduction) on operations performance.
- To plan and co-ordinate logistics and transport requirements.
- To enforce safety policies and procedures (both in-house and regulatory) to decrease the potential for employee injuries on the job.
- To inspect products prior to shipment to ensure accurate labelling and record keeping.
- To ensure all resources and assets are used efficiently and correctly and SOP’s are in place for all operational activities.
- Preventative Maintenance Planning in conjunction with Production teams.
- Inventory Control and Warehouse management of stock.
- Planning & Procurement of materials and supplies for manufacturing.
- Support of additional business requirements as needed.
The successful candidate will have :
- Previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
- 3+ years’ manufacturing plant experience and at management level.
- Organization skills and willingness to assume accountability for plant practices required.
- A positive, can-do attitude, with a proven track record in team leadership.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, strong motivation and team-leading skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, be innovative, flexible and enthusiastic.
- Manufacturing systems familiarity.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!