Production Operations Manager
The successful candidate will work with the production teams in the delivery of key performance indicators across the pillars of safety, quality, people, delivery, and cost.
The Leader will build a network across the Production platform and Supply Chain, have a patient focus, and drive continuous improvement through Kaizen and projects.
Influencing, motivating, and coaching are all skills that will be required on a daily basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the production leads to deliver the shift performance
• Build prosperous working relationships with team members in your area, in other functional support groups and extended teams
• Work cross-functionally and cross-shifts to resolve people and process issues with Problem-Solving tools
• Work across shifts to coordinate attendance management
• Develop and support team advancement and growth strategies
• Foster a collaborative “one team” culture
• Deliver the Production Platform metrics. Leading the team leads to deliver shift performance
• Work across shifts to manage delivery and overtime with the PTL
• Support shift handover process and weekend shift
• Input to site planning/forecasting processes such as SPP, RCCP
• Use expertise and networks to implement solutions across the shift
• Support Value Stream Leader on key initiatives
• Lead by example to ensure all Safety and Compliance activities are addressed and closed out timely
• Support the compliance leader and team to deliver on all metrics
• Identify, and implement improvements for efficient quality batch release
• Support 7S, housekeeping audits and reviews
• Support the EHS element framework and implementation in Production
• Participate in the selection and recruitment of shift team members at the appropriate level
• Give clear communication on shift /week / quarter targets to Team Leads
• Continue to drive improvement in conjunction with the Lean team
• Support the site Kaizen process, the continuous Improvement suggestions campaign for ideas and suggestions from the teams
• Drive improved yields, productivity, and capacity utilization within the department.
• Track and deliver line performance against target and implement OEE improvement actions with the support of the Value Stream Lead
• Support the department in cost reduction strategies.
- Degree level qualification
- Operations management experience in regulated environment
- Experience of leading matrix teams in a fast paced and complex environment
- Dynamic decision maker, effective planner, and communicator
- Experience in developing a strong working relationship with other shifts, day Shift personnel, and other support departments
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh.