- Reference: 46767
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Laois, Offaly, Tipperary
- Category: Production
The Production manager will report to the group Managing Director and will work closely with the other managers to balance the requirements of production, spare parts and maintenance and will have overall responsibility for 60+ staff.
Production Manager responsibilities:
- Customer satisfaction: Ensuring customer requirements are met with orders manufactured and delivered on time and to the correct specification and quantity
- Production efficiency: Organising operations to minimise material, direct labour and transport costs
- Factory management: To ensure that factory operations meet all Health & Safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements
- Change management: To actively generate new and improved methods of working and production processes.
- Day to day management of the production floor (machines, staff) to ensure customer orders are produced and delivered on time
- Weekly review of operational metrics and formulation and implementation of remedial / improvement plans
- Staff training and development
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with healthy and safety and environmental legislation
- Deal with any operational issues arising from external reviews – insurance company inspections, HSE, customer quality audits etc
- Ensure the Site is tidy and well organised
- Equipment maintenance – working to plan maintenance and equipment upgrades.
- Maintain and improve site layout, organisation and workflow to maximise production efficiency
- Manage operational gross margin to agreed material, labour and transport targets.
Requirements for the role
A minimum of five years Production Management experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment. A third level qualification (Degree/HND) in engineering/operations /manufacturing management would be desirable.
Specific skills / experience that would be desirable:-
- Change management in manufacturing
- Development and implantation of KPIs in a manufacturing site
- Computer literacy particularly in Excel, Word and MRP
- Exposure to CNC based manufacturing
- Product/manufacturing costing
- Effective communication skills (with internal and external contacts)
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on email@example.com 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie