- Reference: AJ46400
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Galway, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Production
My client, based in the midlands is currently seeking to recruit a Production Manager for their site. The company in question is part of a larger group with two other manufacturing plants in the UK and Northern Ireland respectively. For the past few years the company has been developing products and markets outside of it’s core industry.
Job Title: Production Manager
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Customer satisfaction: Ensuring customer requirements are met with orders manufactured and delivered on time and to the correct specification and quantity
- Production efficiency: Organising operations to minimise material, direct labour and transport costs
- Factory management: To ensure that factory operations meet all Health & Safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements
- Change management: To actively generate new and improved methods of working and production processes.
- The role reports to the group Managing Director
- The role has five direct reports (x3 fibre production supervisors, foam supervisor, despatch supervisor)
- The production manager will need to work closely with the maintenance engineer to balance the requirements of production and equipment maintenance
- Overall responsibility for 21 staff
Specific operational activities:
Stock – Ordering of material balancing the need to meet customer’s orders with minimising stock holding. Responsible for orderly storage and management of material and disposal of slow moving stock
Staff – Staff training and development
Regulatory and compliance – Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with healthy and safety and environmental legislation. Deal with any operational issues arising from external reviews. Company inspections, HSE, customer quality audits etc.
Plant and Equipment – Equipment maintenance – working with the maintenance engineer to plan maintenance and equipment upgrades.
Lean manufacturing – Implementation of lean manufacturing techniques. Maintain and improve site layout, organisation and workflow to maximise production efficiency
Financial – Manage operational gross margin to agreed material, labour and transport targets. Management of production overhead costs including utility costs
Suppliers – Management of suppliers to ensure all materials are received on time and to the expected quality.
Requirements for the role:
A minimum of five years Production Management experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment. A third level qualification (Degree/HND) in engineering/operations /manufacturing management would be desirable.
The successful candidate will be capable of analysing manufacturing operations and implementing significant improvements. This will require strong analytical skills and the energy and enthusiasm to drive through changes.
Specific skills / experience that would be desirable:
- Implementing and maintaining Quality Management Systems
- Development and implantation of KPIs in a manufacturing site
- Computer literacy particularly in Sage, Excel, Word and MRP
- Exposure to CNC based manufacturing
- Product/manufacturing costing
- Lean manufacturing experience – 5S, Six-Sigma
- Experience of management in a unionised environment
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 09064 78104 and email your CV to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie