Our client, a medical device manufacturer, are recruiting for a Production Manager to join their team in the West of Galway. They are currently going through an exciting expansion phase and are seeking a Production Manager to lead manage all aspects of production to ensure safety, quality, delivery and cost targets are met and improved.
- Drive and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by delivering product complaint-free, on-time, in full and within budget.
- Ensure the achievement of all production KPIs including those related to on-time delivery, customer complaints, defects/scrap rate, labour efficiency, material usage and OEE.
- Drive a culture of compliance with the quality system and GMP. Ensure all standard operating procedures, work instructions and standard work are being followed.
- Effectively manage a team of Group Leads and Team Leads. Ensure that people management issues are effectively and efficiently resolved in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Continuously improve productivity, flow, changeovers, scrap reduction etc. through the implementation of lean principles in accordance with the growth program.
- Responsible for the performance management, engagement, and career development of staff. Ensure performance reviews are completed thoroughly and on-time.
- Ensure that the working environment is clean and safe for all employees, emphasising prevention of potential problems and hazardous conditions, support the safety programs.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to drive a culture of employee engagement and continuous improvement.
- Attract, retain and proactively develop a pipeline of key talent through coaching, training, experience development and internal/external recruitment.
- Ensure that customer and internal issues are effectively and efficiently resolved.
- To take on other duties which the company may assign you from time to time. These “other duties” will be agreed with management prior to any assignment
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), with a minimum of 5 years of production management experience.
- Experience in the medical device manufacturing industry an advantage.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Must be capable of managing, motivating and coaching individuals of diverse talents, interests, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation and sustaining of lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and influence others.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly.