To plan organise, lead and control safe and efficient Boardplant storage operations to meet current and planned requirements of output, cost, maintenance, and quality in accordance with the strategies, policies and objectives.
Lead board plant and board warehouse operations in a safe, environmentally accountable, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Design and implement world-class methods for manufacturing plasterboard, which ensure safe and economical operations in both uses of men, materials, and machinery.
Prepare detailed analyses that contribute to the establishment of realistic and challenging annual budgets for the operation and maintenance of board plant and board warehouse operations, associated buildings and equipment, controlling cost to achieve budgeted financial performance.
Lead, recruit, train, develop and motivate the workforce to ensure optimum performance and commitment to company objectives. Deal promptly with labour grievances in consultation with HR, to foster a harmonious industrial relations climate.
Ensure the maintenance of accurate and complete records.
Ensure the certification requirements of ISO 9002, 14001 and 18001 are implemented and documentation is updated as detailed in the Quality Manual.
Any other tasks deemed appropriate to the position as may be assigned from time to time.
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A minimum 2.1 degree in production/engineering and/or professional engineering qualification
- Minimum 5 years of high-volume heavy manufacturing/engineering experience in B2B or B2C sector.
- Experience in managing a production department
- Excellent data analysis and strong presentation skills
- Self-motivated and results focused
- Effective teamwork and networking skills
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss all the latest jobs!