Video for this job
Production Manager – Greenfield Global
Our client ‘Greenfield Global’ are expanding operations globally and have selected Ireland to build and locate their new manufacturing facility. This new state of the art facility will be based in Portlaoise. Greenfield Global have partnered with Collins McNicholas Recruitment to source suitably qualified and talented people for their new team in Ireland. The Production Manager is one of the first positions that the company hopes to fill.
“About Greenfield Global”
Greenfield Global is the largest high-purity alcohol company in North America offering bulk and packaged ingredients and additives. Under the Pharmco brand, they offer a wide range of specialty alcohols and bio-based chemicals to quality-driven and environmentally-conscious customers around the globe. The Pharmco brand has come to stand for premium quality and service excellence. They have been supplying life science, food, flavor, fragrance, personal care, extraction and industrial companies with mission-critical products for more than 30 years.
The new 3,800 square meter facility in Portlaoise will create 75 jobs over the next 5 years. The roles will be spread across Production, Quality, Supply Chain and Sales.
Production Manager Job Description
The Production Manager is to supervise and develop manufacturing staff and coordinate the daily operations of manufacturing and shipping/receiving functions while ensuring a safe and compliant environment. Meeting customer expectations is the number one priority.
- Develops leadership at the non-exempt level through training, support and coaching.
- Ensures plant safety and regulatory compliance as it pertains to manufacturing activities.
- Selects, trains, and supervises a staff of approximately 30 team members.
- Delegates duties appropriately to direct reports
- Coordinates plant activities with peers and staff from other departments.
- Ensures production schedule adherence and adjusts as required to meet on-time delivery – backs up scheduler/planner.
- Previous work experience operating under ISO-9000 and GMP standards, ensures work instructions and standard operating procedures are accurate and up to date.
- Establishes and maintains standards of performance within the manufacturing department. Provides timely and accurate feedback and support to direct reports, motivates and develops the Production team to their highest potential.
- Engage in strategic planning to maintain and improve lean manufacturing practices.
- Demonstrates business maturity by providing a high level of respect to employees, as well as internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates a passion for plant performance and takes full ownership of the job and strives for personal development, effectiveness and continuous improvement.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Degree Qualified
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily and respond decisively
- Convey a sense of urgency while focusing on attention to detail
- Team builder with unrelenting drive for continuous improvement
- Scheduler/planning experience
- Strong computer skills – excel
- GMP experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact David Lennon on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org