Video for this job
Manufacturing Facility Start Up! Permanent role, Meath Based.
Seeking an experienced production manager to join a new manufacturing facility start-up based in Meath. Reporting directly to the CEO you will play a lead role in setting up the production management function and all production systems to create a world-class manufacturing facility.
The primary function of the Production Manager role is to lead the implementation of a lean manufacturing ethos in the organization based on continuous improvement as a platform for excellence in process, product and business administration.
To play a key role in the plant start-up including development and implementation of new ERP infrastructure, the establishment of operating and KPI reporting systems, manning structures, recruitment and training and the development of company vision and values to create a world-class manufacturing facility with an empowered and engaged workforce.
To forge a collaborative partnership and close working relationships at various levels within the key customers to ensure a consistent supply of best quality product.
To assist with operational responsibilities for the plant across the day to day operations, engineering, quality teams in order to achieve demanding production and Key Performance Indicator targets with a focus on materials, machinery and people.
Summary of Responsibilities include:
- To initially undertake an in-depth familiarisation programme to include the company, its philosophies, lines of contact, products, customers, business and operating processes and procedures, personalities, corporate plans and objectives, management and information styles.
- To ensure the Business Plan manufacturing targets are achieved
- To ensure the Plant meets the highest standards of safety at all times and complies with all legal requirements in respect to Health and Safety and risk management
- To build and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with customers
- To build a team that is engaged, motivated, innovative and collaborative via your own inspirational leadership style
- To continually effect changes to improve the manufacturing performance at the Plant
- To act as a focal point for manufacturing activities and liaise with all functions including quality, sales and supply chain in order to maximise performance
- To maintain, uphold and improve plant hygiene, housekeeping and quality standards
- Performance management / time & attendance, retention/engagement of staff
- To ensure the correct procedures are followed in the selection and recruitment of new employees via the HR Officer
- To conduct professionally and legally any personnel matters that may arise in conjunction with the HR Officer
- To control the utilisation of raw materials.
- To assist in the preparation of annual budgets for your departments
- To maintain tight control of all plant expenditure to ensure budgeted targets are achieved
- To ensure there are clear training and development plans for all staff under your control
- To attend training courses both internally and externally as deemed relevant to business and personal development
- To devise and implement Company Safety, Quality, Hygiene and Human Resource procedures for all operations at the plant
Qualifications and Education Requirements
B.Eng or BSc related to process/manufacturing
Six Sigma Qualified to minimum of Green Belt
Qualifications in Health and Safety Management/Implementation
On behalf of our clients we are looking for a courageous, talented, well-educated professional, with sound financial and commercial acumen and proven production & operational management experience in a high volume, preferably 24/7, world-class manufacturing environment e.g. plastics, packaging, food, fmcg, automotive.
Commercially astute and customer driven, you will be an outstanding communicator and presenter capable of providing strong but inclusive leadership in order to build an enthusiastic and highly committed team.
Candidate Qualities/Attributes: The appointee will possess/be able to demonstrate the following:
A hands-on, results orientated approach.
Proven inspirational leadership qualities.
Ability to communicate and build effective working relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
Flexible and creative approach to problem solving, innovation and decision making.
Proven experience of being responsible for Health, safety and risk management programs.
Proven ability to engage with colleagues to ensure they are committed, motivated and have a real sense of purpose in their work.
Demonstrate the ability to build highly effective collaborative relationships with customers and suppliers.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!