- Reference: CJ45203
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our client, a leading food ingredient production company, in Cork has an exciting opportunitiy for a permanent Production Manager.
A food ingredients production facility which offers significant career progression opportunities. The successful candidate will have proven strengths in production management, leadership, people development, change management, technical skills in spray drying and continuous improvement initiatives. We seek a candidate who has experience in the Dairy, Infant Nutrition or Pharmaceutical industry, preferably with previous experience in areas such as spray drying, evaporation, process optimisation and employee relations.
- Operational responsibility in a highly regulated environment.
- Comply with company Product & Industry Standards.
- Key member of Site Management team.
- Drive process optimisation.
- Drive standardisation and ways of working across the manufacturing facility.
- Drive Continuous Improvement philosophy in the facility.
- Support the introduction of new process technology/equipment.
- Responsible for operations team in an automated environment.
- Ensure the operation complies with all regulations & standards (eg ISO).
- Monitor and control departmental costs and performance within targets.
- Regularly report on KPI performance to site/cluster management.
- Drive KPI metrics agenda within the factory.
- Manage and motivate production teams to build morale and enable people to achieve expected results.
- Identify training & development needs within the operations team.
- Maintain open communication with other functions.
- Communicate, implement and monitor adherence to, Company policies, procedures and standards.
- Carry out strategic planning to meet volume demand.
- Manage employee relations.
- Foster a Continuous Improvement Manufacturing culture.
Key Competencies Required:
- Technically astute.
- Drive & Determination.
- Demonstrates a “Right first time” approach.
- Demonstrates strong initiative.
- Project management skills.
- People Management Skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Process Knowledge.
- Excellent Numeracy & PC Skills.
- Commercial Knowledge.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational & planning skills.
- Process improvement / problem solving ability.
- Applicants must have a relevant Manufacturing/Engineering/Science Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 3 years industry experience.
- 3 years+ experience in operations management.
- Proven track record of managing operations in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience in spray-drying & evaporation technology, milk powder products and canning of products.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Experience in project management.
- Change management experience.
- People management experience.
- Employees relations experience in a Unionised environment is desirable.
- Experience in Lean and/or Six Sigma is an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!