- Reference: CJ46897
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Production
- To ensure that production targets (quality, volume, costs) are consistently met through the effective management of people and processes.
- Lead the promotion of safety within all areas including the ongoing identification and resolution of safety issues
- Provide leadership and motivation for the personnel in the area
- Participate in the overall management of the business
- Manage quality, hygiene and cleanliness standards throughout the areas.
- Daily scheduling of production volumes in various areas
- Plan manning levels to cover production plan, holidays and other leave
- Plan downtime, maintenance and scheduled testing
- Initiate and support lean/continuous improvement / cost reduction activities.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Strong awareness of GMP and Health, Hygiene & Safety requirements
- Honours degree in Food Science or related discipline
- Excellent communication and team management skills required.
- Familiar with the Ingredients processes – Whey processing to Whey protein Concentrates
- Unit processes – Membranes concentration, Fat separation, Pasteurisation, PHE Chilling, Evaporation, Spray drying, Packing
- Knowledge of Services – Steam, Chilled Water, Potable water, river water, compressed air and electricity and Heat & energy recovery and regenerations.
- SCADA automation control,
- Ability to spec out process plant and equipment including Block Flow Diagrams and P&ID
- Auto Cad experience
- P&ID generation and understanding
- Quality Risk assessments, validation and change controls
- Coordination of different vendors and managing people
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Emer O’ Callaghan on 021 4911061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!