Video for this job
Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
- Develop and maintain current programming requirements for all plasma cutting using Pronest nesting software.
- Analyse and monitor utilization of sheet metal usage relative to nesting applications and equipment production to ensure efficient material stock.
- Completion of 3D & 2D detailed production drawings on new and existing products.
- Create accurate Bills of Materials for plasma and purchasing scheduling.
- Designing new machines and new models of existing products and making any necessary design changes to current machines.
- Creation of detailed operator manuals & technical documentation.
- Analyse and resolve production issues with staff on the workshop floor.
- Manage costing database in conjunction with engineering database.
- Relevant Mechanical Engineering Qualifications (Degree/HNC).
- Proficient in Solidworks & MS Excel.
- Must be a good team player with a good attitude to learn and develop.
- Knowledge of plasma cutting technology would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience of design for manufacture and designing optimising standard components.
- Experience of Solid works Sheet metal and weldments functionality.
- Practical experience of working in an engineering workshop would be a distinct advantage.
- Good time management skills and attention to detail.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270