This is an exciting opportunity for a Production/Planning Engineer to join a multinational electronics manufacturer based in Mallow, North Cork on a permanent contract.
- Design for manufacturability of New Products, which involves close co-operation with all design groups
- Project Management of new projects being introduced.
- Drive and lead an NPI Team , consisting of members from each function within the organization.
- To provide a core link between the NPI team and the design engineering group.
- Ensure on-time and within budget delivery of all jigs/fixtures required for production of a new product
- Design, release and procurement of product packaging solutions
- Support Request for Quotation (RFQ) engineering activities – product design, process design & flow, capital cost ad product specific cost generation
- Degree or equivalent qualification in the areas of production, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial or electronic Engineering (NFQ Level 8). Formal project management qualification would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of electronic/mechanical/mechatronic assembly process is essential.
- Knowledge of jig/fixture design, injection moulding.
- Knowledge of production capacity & line balance & layout planning
- Minimum of three to four years experience in high volume electronic manufacturing, with preference in the role of manufacturing, process, industrial or NPI Engneering.
- Experience in Project Management is essential.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin.