As a Production Engineer, you will lead the implementation phase of all new products within agreed timelines and cost, while working closely with customers to help identify all potential manufacturing opportunities for the company.
The engineer will work with the Technical team to identify new strategic manufacturing capabilities and Implement all appropriate specification changes and ensure the SAP product BOM’s matches the latest specifications.
- Product costing.
- Manage SAP product specifications and produce first Engineering BOM.
- Manage print and die layouts.
- Check and track artwork and sign-off all aspects of paper & board conversion stages.
- Raise Spec Change documentation.
- Check and sign-off factory BOM’s and Specification Changes
- Coordination Engineering Pilot and First Production for New Projects.
- Run review meetings as part of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process.
- Attend development meetings as appropriate
- Support any business requirements on material changes, routing changes, etc. to existing products.
- Manage changes to SAP to ensure BOMs matches the product specification and what current production method.
- Support Operations and Technical on any Capital Projects requiring PME input.
- Support Planning, Purchasing, and Senior Management requests/Projects.
- Manage and implement changes to improve DFM (Design for Manufacture) to increase cost-effectiveness for new and existing products.
- Liaise with all departments on suggested product improvements.
- Participate in Value Engineering and continuous improvement teams.
- Deliver personal objectives and KPIs in support of plant-wide objectives.
- Understanding of product design principles and a wide range of manufacturing processes.
- Engineering/Product Design Diploma or Degree is required
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment at the appropriate level
- SAP experience is beneficial
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing tolerances and Design for Manufacture
- 3D CAD experience, preferably Solid Works
- Knowledge of Moulding, Printing and Die-making processes
- Costing knowledge/experience
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.