This is an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer to work within a high-tech and industrial manufacturing environment based in Fermoy, Co. Cork.
- Deliver world class performance on critical success indicators (Safety, Quality, Output and Equipment performance) in a highly automated timber processing facility.
- Develop solutions to problems, utilizing statistical knowledge and problem-solving tools as well as developing strategies to prevent the recurrence of the problem in future.
- Use data extraction, datamining and analysis skills to identify trends/outliers to reduce process variation and drive corrective action plans.
- Partner with the Engineering team to troubleshoot equipment and process issues
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in production areas which will improve the operational performance.
- Identify innovative solutions to problems and influence required stakeholders to drive/implement change.
- Work with equipment suppliers to drive innovative changes to improve equipment reliability
- Work alongside all teams on site including management, production and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Produce reports and develop KPI’s to measure and manage performance of the site.
- Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline
- Relevant work experience in a continuous improvement or manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- KPI focused
- Leadership and influencing skills.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Kevin Griffin