Our client based here in Galway are looking to hire a Product Supervisor. This role offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
The Product Supervisor has overall responsibility for a Product Builder group in meeting its requirements in terms of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Supply, Safety, and People. Strong communication, leadership, and organizational skills are essential as well as a full understanding of the manufacturing process. Leads lean manufacturing, productivity, and quality-improvement initiatives and always looks for opportunities to reduce production costs.
- Ensures compliance with all company H & S policies and is responsible for all H &S issues on the shift
- Ensures manufacturing-volume requirements are met, On Time in Full, within budget and with the correct schedule mix.
- Effectively manages employee performance, including coaching, counseling, developing and monitoring employees and taking the appropriate performance management action where required.
- Facilitating open two-way communications regarding individual, team and company objectives and performance through weekly team meetings and daily interaction on the line.
- Develop Operational plans in conjunction with the Business Unit Leader to ensure alignment with overall Site and Operations functions strategy.
- Leads problem-solving initiatives and takes an active role in driving cross-functional collaboration with Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance & Supply Chain groups with a view to reducing waste across the business.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area they support. Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Develop a training program to achieve optimum cross training versatility and flexibility while maintaining all
- H & S requirements.
- Administration duties which include updating metrics, Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Implement Visual cell management
- Run & participate in Lean activities
- Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills are a prerequisite for the successful candidate
- Ability to prioritize work independently
- Strong project management skills and presentation skills
- A high degree of enthusiasm and ability to adapt to the different styles of team members
- Reliability / flexibility
- Detail-oriented, extremely organized, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Capacity to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines
For more information or a confidential discussion about this role please contact Michelle Mc Inerney.
091 706 717