The successful Product Engineer will be responsible for the development and revision of product specifications, tooling and associated equipment. You will also have responsiblity for liaising with the end customer to understand and implement their requirements. The role will report tdirectly to the Product Manager.
Product Engineer responsibilities:
- Revision of current product specifications and drawings for customers and internal changes.
- Development and control of new customer specifications. Liaise with customers re. Artworks and specifications, and advise on the capabilities of company manufacturing.
- Development, Ordering and control of all process related tooling.
- Analysis of machine capabilities, and identification of potential problems with tooling compatibility.
- Co-ordinate all orders of tooling through the system and liaise with suppliers, customers, planning and sales. Monitor the status of pending orders.
- Constant liaison with Quality, Planning, Sales, Production and Customer Service re. status & approval of pending specifications.
- Review customer complaints and ensure appropriate actions for the product engineering department.
- Project work and other ad hoc duties.
- Liaise with customers and departmental supervisors on an on-going basis, taking appropriate action in their support as required.
Product Engineer requirements:
- Third level Qualification in Engineering or related discipline.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in high volume manufacturing environment.
- AutoCAD qualification and or business related work experience
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Excellent Problem solving, decision making and project management skills with a proven track record in meeting deadlines. Accuracy, reliability and attention to detail are essential.
Full spec on request
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on email@example.com 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie