An exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Engineer to join a leading designer and manufacturer of high-reliability electronic motor control solutions based in Ringaskiddy, Cork. This role will be on a permanent contract and will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Support Lean NPI (new product introduction - either internal and/or global process) working closely with Design & Manufacturing Engineering and to ensure that products are designed, manufactured and delivered to DFT, DFC (Design For Manufacture, Test, Compliance) guidelines.
- Configuration and change management, drawing control through EO (Engineering Order) process from initial design to product obsolescence.
- Support the design team as required in order to develop either Hardware /Software project requirements and support DVT (Design Verification Testing), product costing, reliability (ESS, Environmental Stress Screen, generation) and design reviews.
- Support of material issues in relation to sourcing and selecting alternative components, MRB (Materials Review Board) disposition, Non-Conformance/Waiver generation, E&O (Excess & Obsolescence).
- Assume technical product ownership after design release including ownership of customer driven product changes and become the focal point of product issues and their resolution both in Moog Ireland and remote sites.
- Act as primary Manufacturing technical contact for other Moog groups on the product range.
- Perform ongoing product cost reduction through the use of Lean tools, eliminating waste, identifying product improvements and supporting process improvements.
- Lead EOL (End Of Life) customer requests as they occur, liaising with Manufacturing Engineering, Supply Chain and doc control departments as required.
- Identify on-going improvement of product yields and product reliability through understanding product problems seen, defining and leading solutions.
- +3 years experience.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- A good understanding of electronic circuit functionality is required.
- Experience in product engineering/quality engineering/electronic engineering/test engineering is a distinct advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.