Process Development Technician required to join the R&D Department of my clinet’s company, located in North Co. Galway.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Carry out lab-scale mixing of photochromic and other solutions in preparation for trials
- Prepare lenses and other materials in preparation for trials.
- Run trials on lab-scale equipment
- Work with Operations to run trials on production-scale equipment
- Submit lenses to the R&D Analytical Lab for routine physical and chemical testing
- Carry out non-routine or supplemental physical and chemical analytical testing as needed
- Interpret, document and communicate all test results
- Maintain effective records of work completed.
Key Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Third level qualification in Science or Engineering, plus at least 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong team player
- Drive for results
- Building strong work relationships (Interpersonal savvy).
- Green or black belt in six sigma methodology
- Internal candidates – knowledge of photochromic formulation chemistry.
- Internal candidates – knowledge of lens materials and lens-casting processes.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edyta Fleming on 091706721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie