Our client based in Mayo require a Procurement Specialist for a 12-month contract initially with the possibility of extending for another 12 months. Primary location of this role is Mayo however if necessary the successful candidate may work from home or in the other offices in Dublin or Loughrea.
Purpose of the Role:
To assist in managing the strategic and functional operation of the Central Procurement & Contracts Office with the focus on providing an excellent service to stakeholders in order to ensure that procurement activities are conducted in line with Procurement Plan, Procurement Policy and Processes and legislation governing public procurement while supporting business objectives / corporate strategy and securing value for money.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform National and EU level tendering (including mini-tenders) and contracting functions as assigned by Procurement & Contracts Manager.
- Provide information, advice and assistance on Public Procurement processes and procedures to staff as needed.
- Provide support and guidance to Contract Managers to facilitate them in managing the performance of the suppliers while ensuring that value for money is delivered/maintained during the contract period.
- Assist with the development and coordination of administration policies and standards to ensure consistency and efficiency in business practices, procedures and workflows related to procurement.
- Conduct and/or participate in ad hoc projects at the request of the Procurement & Contracts Manager.
- A sound understanding and knowledge of Public Procurement regulations and requirements
- A minimum of three years of public procurement experience
- A record of extensive administrative experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- A relevant Procurement Qualification such as a Diploma or Certificate in Public Procurement
- Good working knowledge of eTenders portal
- Proven organisational ability and well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in a large multidisciplinary organisation
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines while maintaining accuracy of information
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as within a team environment
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems and provide information in a timely manner
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email email@example.com.