- Reference: SJ46188
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Connacht, Mayo, Sligo
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Specialist with public sector experience to join a progressive organisation in Mayo for a 12 month contract initally. The successful person could be based at home but must be available to travel to Mayo one day per week at least.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with the development and coordination of administrative policies and standards to ensure consistency and efficiency in business practices and procedures related to procurement and contract management.
• Provide information, advice and assistance on procurement procedures and internal processes to staff, as required.
• Lead National and EU level procurement projects (including mini-tenders) from its initiation up to and including contract execution
• Assist in the planning of contract procurement and re-procurement taking into account contract complexity and their impact to the Authority and alignment to corporate goals.
• Contribute to the development and management of central contracts database.
• Complete procurement and contract filing and archiving, as applicable.
• Conduct and/or participate in ad hoc projects and working groups
• Work with all divisions of the organisation in a flexible, positive and professional manner in order to achieve Procurement & Contract Office goals.
• A sound understanding and knowledge of Public Procurement Directives, Regulations and requirements is essential
• A minimum of three years of public procurement experience at a similar level
• Good working knowledge of MS Office
• Excellent command of English (both verbal and written)
• A relevant Procurement Qualification such as a Diploma or Certificate in Public Procurement
• Good working knowledge of eTenders portal
• Proven organisational ability and well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy of information
• Ability to work on one’s own initiative as well as within a team environment
• Ability to anticipate and resolve problems and provide information in a timely manner
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aideen Cummins on 071-9140252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!