- Reference: 45948
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Leinster, Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Supply Chain & Logistics
Purpose of the Role:
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing plans for the ongoing Supply management of a commodity at the lowest total cost and greatest overall value to the company.
- Manages multi-million dollar commercial relationships to ensure supply is available for the manufacture of products.
- Provide support through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, MSAs and periodic business reviews with key suppliers.
- Manages and negotiates contractual relationships to ensure business requirements are met.
- Develops Early Supplier Involvement Programs to drive lower acquisition costs, improve quality and reduce supply chain complexity.
- Coordinates and administers reviews of new supplier contract agreements, assesses the performance of key suppliers and develops supplier improvement plans.
- Works with other key stakeholders in various cross-functional team environments to develop and execute strategic business opportunities and resolve tactical situations.
- Manage and support processes for the group as needed e.g. monthly PPV reporting, monthly SBR Schedule reporting, monthly S&OP reporting & participation, quarterly Supplier Matrix reporting, annual standard setting, annual Supplier Day, semi-annual supplier risk assessments, semi-annual Sourcing team off-sites, component obsolescence/end of life management, etc
- Regular reporting on key issues to Senior Leadership, per Project Matrix schedule
- Analyzes data effectively to identify opportunities and drive decisions
- Participates in the Make vs Buy process, as needed.
- Ensures compliance across the supply base as applicable.
New Product Development (NPD) Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary liaison between R&D & Franchise Teams and the supply base from quote to qualification and ramp to commercialization.
- Conducts supplier identification, evaluation and selection activities to support new product/manufacturing needs and ensure qualified sources of supply are selected.
- Leads RFx process during new raw material/component/sub-assembly selection.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual relationships to support new product needs.
Supplier Management Responsibilities:
- Manages overall Supply Risk within the assigned commodity.
- Responsible for regular communication with assigned suppliers & sharing of relevant information with key stakeholders (e.g. Supply Chain, Finance, Quality, etc.)
- Develops a fact-based market intelligence matrix on specific commodities.
- Conducts business reviews with key suppliers to drive TCO opportunities and improve supplier performance.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience in purchasing management.
- Experience in a continuous improvement & deadline driven environment with a demonstrated track record of achieving significant savings (total cost reductions) on an annual basis.
- Experience in developing supplier relationships including establishing and maintaining contracts.
- Has medical device technical knowledge and ability to comprehend complex items
- Ability to analyze data in order to effectively drive decisions
- Procurement experience in a government-regulated environment.
- Experience with MS Office products: Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
- Masters degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain, or related field.
- Six Sigma/Lean certification.
- Professional certification (CPSM, CSCP, CPM, CPIM).
- Experience in medical devices.
- Experience in a deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Knowledge of Oracle software program or similar database system and Business Objects software program.
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!