My client, a government funded organisation based in Dublin City Centre are seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager that will lead and develop the procurement function toward delivering cost effective and proactive procurement services. They will provide expert and specialist knowledge in all aspects of procurement and will have a comprehensive understanding of Irish and EU public procurement rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Be a strategic partner to the various business teams for all procurements.
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships, providing in- depth professional advice on sorcing strategy and the application of relevant policies, guidelines and legislation.
- Be responsible for the alignment of business units’ goals and objectives with the companies procurement objectives, ensuring that current and future requirements are delivered in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Corporate Procurement Plan with the Director of Corporate Services.
- Develop, implement and maintain a contracts register to provide oversight for procured contracts including the preparation of reports on the status of contracts for relevant business units.
- Ensure procurement processes are compliant with all relevant policies, guidelines and legislation
- Provide expertise and input into contract negotiations and complex sourcing strategies.
- Provide expertise and assistance on vendor management
- Develop relationships and agreements with 3rd party suppliers.
Provide procurement training to support local and national community organisations
Provide training internally in order to promote and maintain a high quality of procurement standards across the organisation.
- Provide procurement advice and support for the senior executive team, audit committee and other senior management committees as may be required
Work closely with the Financial Operation Directorate to manage and support the Purchase Order function ensuring it operates to an appropriate standard.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with the Accounts Payable function to manage aspects of procurement
- Facilitate team development and performance management to ensure direct reports meet the required performance standards and achieve their personal job objectives
- At least 5 years’ experience gained in an equivalent procurement role leading delivery of a high volume of complex tenders and working with and influencing senior management.
- Proven track record of professional and successfully negotiated outcomes in area of public procurement.
- Proven strong, efficient and methodical work methods with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in MS packages, databases and SharePoint portals.
- Proven record of excellent communication skills both verbal and written, but with particular reference on written communication.
- Previous experience of applying stringent compliance standards at all stages of public procurement procedures and managing the execution and documentation of tender processes.
- Detailed knowledge of the Public Procurement regime is essential.
- Experience of eTenders
- Good understanding of contract structures.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eoghan Dalton on 090 64 78104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!