- Identify, develop and implement improvement projects, using lean six sigma tools where appropriate, in the areas of:
- Efficiency improvement.
- Scrap reduction.
- Product quality improvement.
- Cost reduction.
- Safety enhancement
- Lead investigations into process, product and quality issues to achieve long term solutions. This includes technical support and contact with external company personnel and customers on process and product lines. Use of Root Cause Analysis methodology, and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions.
- The initiation, co-ordination and completion of capital and process development projects within the membrane manufacturing plants, using structured approach and detailed planning to deliver projects that meet or exceed stakeholder expectations and that are delivered Right First Time, safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate Risk Mitigation initiatives such as FMEA and Risk Assessments.
- May be responsible for the process development related to new products and qualifications. This included trail work to determine process windows prior to qualifications.
- Responsible for the development, introduction and operation of process monitoring/control system and procedures. All data to be reviewed and analysed to identify trends, weaknesses etc.
- Maintain and develop process documentation and procedures. All process changes and modifications to be documented and tracked closely.
- Regular reporting of process performance to relevant personnel.
- Support the training of production personnel on process and product principles.
- Support the various groups: quality, validation, maintenance, EHS etc to achieve objectives.
- It is the responsibility of the process engineer to stay up to date on the technology surrounding membranes and membrane processes through Journal, Patent or similar sources, and through networking with membrane experts within the organisation.
- It is the responsibility of the process engineer to ensure that process information is documented and that this document is updated as necessary to reflect increased process knowledge and understanding.
- Ensure compliance with GMP + Safety rules on new + existing equipment.
- Degree in Chemistry / Chemical/Process Engineering or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years relevant experience, preferably within the Chemical Process Industry.
- Excellent engineering ability
- Strong organisational ability
- Self-motivation and drive
- Communication- strong written, oral and presentational skills
- Strong Project Management skills
Working Knowledge of the following would be an advantage but not a requirement:
- Automated control loop design and optimization
- Process trending and data extraction software
- Minitab/ Lean 6 Sigma techniques
- RCA methodology
- Microsoft excel to an advanced level
- Microbiological requirements in GMP manufacturing
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email email@example.com