- Reference: AJ45543
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Offaly, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Our Client is operating a 20,000 square foot facility which will focus on the manufacture of biopharmaceutical drug substance for clinical trials and commercial product.
The role of Process Scientist member within the Development Department will include responsibility for the development and validation of processes for recombinant antibodies for veterinary use. This will include working with teams both onsite and externally with Contract Manufacturing Organisations for some of the process development activity and also for technical transfer of the process into the Midlands facility.
Proces Scientist Key Responsibilities:
- Support the development, optimisation, scale-up and validation of all downstream processes.
- Support the transfer of processes into the facility
- Responsibility for the writing of Batch Manufacturing Records, SOPs, and other quality system documentation required for GMP manufacture
- Provide hands-on technical support for all manufacturing activities including buffer / media preparation, cell culture and purification processes
- Carry out manufacturing as per Batch Records using chromatography and ultrafiltration diafiltration steps.
- Complete buffer preparation for process steps.
- Ability to trouble shoot problems with the process, process characterisation and process validation.
Qualification and Experience:
- B.S in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or related Biological Sciences with 3-5 years of industrial experience.
- Previous hands-on experience running chromatography systems is required.
- Experience developing and scaling up of downstream processes is preferred.
- Protein purification, lab-scale and pilot scale
- Skills chromatography and filtration systems
- Knowledge of analytical methods required for protein characterisation
- Experience with Unicorn Software
For more information or to apply please contact Tina Egan on email@example.com 09064 78104.
Please Note: Collins McNicholas will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Setting the Standards for Excellence in Recruitment
To see a full list of jobs available across Ireland please visit our website at www.collinsmcnicholas.ie