- Reference: CJ47161
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Clare, Limerick
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
Project & Process Support Engineer
Project & Process Support Engineer to work with other team members on project and process equipment improvements.
This role will primarily focus on identifying process/equipment improvements with respect to the production plant but will include cross-site support.
You will be working with a wide variety of technologies.
- The Candidate will be working with and supporting other team members on the entire process to improve yield, productivity and ensure production targets are met
- The role is a technical role requiring the candidate to manage, implement improvements and manage projects associated with same
- Working on step change deep dive projects as well as practical problem solving and continuous improvement projects.
- The role will require the candidate to identify areas for Equipment Improvement
- The role will report into the Engineering and Facilities Manager and will offer scope for both personal and career development.
DUTIES AND TASKS
- Ensure Safety is number one priority in all work carried out
- Work with Production/process teams
- Practical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Co-ordinate activities related to CPIP
- Looking for new innovative technologies
- Research topics where required, source suppliers/vendors and select optimal solutions to challenges
- Daily, Weekly & Monthly reporting of process metrics
- Share and report on process improvements
- Appropriate engineering qualification. Mechanical, Manufacturing, or other considered. NFQ Level 8 or higher.
- Green belt in Six Sigma and lean systems is an advantage
- Some experience in processes an advantage
- Examines data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems
- Makes timely, informed decisions that take into account the facts, goals, constraints, and risks, follow through on actions is required
- IT literacy including Excel. CAD would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, people and team working skills
- A team player with a can do, pro-active attitude and a passion for improvement
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects through to conclusion