An exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Improvement Technical Lead/Site Waste Lead to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in Waterford on a permanent contract.
- Coordinates the implementation of the Site’s Waste and COPQ Reduction Program, ensures execution is happening, escalates where necessary and recommends where adjustments to programme are required
- Supports the Finance Director in the definition of Waste and COPQ reduction targets, considering industry benchmarks.
- Supports and attends governance meetings at CI Facilitators (weekly), ELT (monthly) and SLT level (monthly) in both OC and OTC.
- Helps identify and quantify sources of material waste (quantifying losses and identifying yield and quality improvements within the site in alignment with GPS and ManOps)
- Liaises with Quality to quantify the impact of deviations on the COPQ budget
- Supports Manufacturing Operations in the formulation and definition of material waste reduction projects
- Tracks delivery of planned versus actual benefits of Waste and COPQ Reduction projects and recommends actions when off-track.
- Develops and issue monthly analysis reports, scorecards for OC and OTC based on the monthly finance reports.
- Develops weekly scorecards for weekly meetings with CI Facilitators based on MERP reports and Qlik portal.
- Manages communication with stakeholders in the waste program (SLT /ELT)
- Attends communities of practice to share and learn best practices,
- Builds individual’s capability in waste analysis and opportunity identification.Key point of escalation to Scheduling Supervisors if there are issues in relation to New Pack launches.
- Third Level qualification in an Engineering/Science Discipline.
- Post Graduate qualification in an Engineering/Science Discipline.
- Green belt in Lean Six Sigma.
- 3- 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment in Pharma/ Consumer Healthcare/ Fast-moving Consumer Goods Industry.
- 5-10 years' experience in a manufacturing environment in Pharma/ Consumer Healthcare/ Fast-moving Consumer Goods Industry including project management for continuous improvement and / or program management for material waste reduction projects.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.