The Process Engineering Team Lead has responsibility for leading a team providing engineering support to manufacturing operations and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost. This role will be involved in a dynamic and diverse end to end operation within a world-leading Medical Device organisation.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Talent development of team members through coaching, training and personalised developments plans.
- Business plan development through the identification and execution of projects and savings in areas such as Quality, Capacity, Scrap and Consumables reduction.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Management of tasks and action plans relating to corrective and preventative actions assigned to the team
- Manage contractors/vendors working on-site to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
- Management of the engineering budget for the areas of responsibility.
- Manage the consumables budget through the execution of the activities committed to in the Business Plan meeting financial targets.
- Lead a structured approach to scrap reduction within the value streams through data capture, analysis and problem-solving meeting commitments made in the Business Plan.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Provide updates to management on a weekly and monthly basis in relation to financial performance in the areas of scrap and consumables.
- Support day to day operations through attendance at pulse walks and the timely closure of actions across the team.
- Provide support to the team in Root Cause Analysis of supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management – provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Provision of clearly defined responsibilities and objectives to team members
- Definition and execution of individual performance improvement and development plans for team members in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives and objectives.
- Provision of effective performance reviews in a timely manner
- Provision of continuous support and mentoring to the team members.
- Identification of training needs of staff and opportunities for development to maximize their potential.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the Engineering team.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Training, Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s across the team.
- Ensure all process development and validation activities within the team are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Provide direction and support for the development of validation strategies.
- Work with Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong Leadership profile with previous management experience leading a diverse team with the ability to make effective decisions
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Previous people management experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes.