Process Engineering Manager
Fantastic Opportunity in one of the worlds largest Life Science organisations who are making huge investments in the Cork site(s) in 2019
Organization & Talent Development:
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic imperatives/objectives.
- Develop and implement the Engineering and Technical Services functions strategic imperatives in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives/objectives.
- Develop and lead world-class Engineering and Technical services functions.
- Manage, develop and lead departmental staff.
- Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development, and supply.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Business Results & Performance:
- Ensure the Engineering and Technical Services functions conform to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
- Ensure regular communication of business performance/issues to all relevant employees.
- Ensure responsibilities under the Quality System are attained by employees.
- Manage function expenses, variable costs and plant capital to budget.
- Lead Site Wide Ergonomics team to ensure all potential risks are proactively managed.
Collaboration & Teaming:
- Provide leadership within the Engineering and Technical Services functions that will deliver superior business results in-line with objectives.
- Ensure there is close collaboration between associates in different departments when introducing new products and/or making product changes.
- Actively participate in / lead MD&D Engineering and Technical Services initiatives.
Engineering & Technical Services Function
- Ensure Job Safety Analysis for equipment/processes that are either new or changed are completed and that existing equipment/processes are periodically reviewed
- Develop Capital Investment requirements for the business that will drive cost improvement and increased capacity.
- Ensure all CIP / Capital investment projects are reviewed in relation to the effect on current/future working practices.
- Support R&D projects to ensure design for manufacture / value.
- Ensure all engineering / Technical services activities within the company are co-ordinated in-line with production requirements.
- Develop and maintain a formal structure to manage Engineering-led projects
- Ensure the facility is maintained at a high level in terms of utilities, plant, and equipment, replacing obsolete/inefficient plant and equipment where necessary.
- Ensure energy and water consumption is monitored and develop strategies to offset increasing costs.
- Ensure equipment and machinery is purchased in-line with factory standard and HSE / Legal requirements.
- Ensure purchase orders are created and approved in-line with current good accounting/purchasing practices.
- Maintain compliance to all QA / Regulatory / Corporate / SOX requirements and follow-up with internal and external audit findings.
- Manage the launch quantities and production ramp-up schedules for all NPI’s and product transfers.
- Lead specific improvement initiatives to drive increased efficiency / reduced costs in the business
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of manufacturing management experience in an Operations / Engineering role within a large fast paced company.
- Previous experience with engineering products/machine tools.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Rory Walsh on 021-4911063 or email firstname.lastname@example.org