- Reference: 45611
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Offaly, Roscommon, Westmeath
- Category: Science, Pharmaceutical & Food
Process Engineer – Midlands – Start up -Pharmaceutical Facility Urgent position.
The Process Engineer provides technical support and expertise in the build-out, equipment procurement, commissioning, validation, and tech-transfer activities associated with the start-up of the new manufacturing facility. For the on-going commercial operation of the facility, the Process Engineer will provide key technical support in the areas of process control, manufacturing process troubleshooting, process optimization, process development, and product transfer.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager – your key duties include:
- Works with manufacturing and quality colleagues as part of an Operations team whose shared goal is to realise the safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives of the site.
- Prioritises safety and is diligent in the use of all appropriate safety tools and permits when maintaining equipment – champions safe working always.
- Will program manage and technically lead receiving site activities necessary for the successful transfer of new products onto the Athlone site via a structured and compliant NPI (new product introduction) process.
- Will prepare site process descriptions by developing a PCS (process control strategy) for the processes and in identifying and agreed with Quality the process CPPs (Critical Process Attributes) and CQA (Critical Quality Attributes) for the products.
- Provides technical support for product PPRs (Periodic Product Review)
- Is the process SME for the compounding process and supports manufacturing and maintenance in the operation and maintenance of these systems.
- Supports manufacturing by leading/supporting deviation investigations, and is familiar with structured problem solving and root cause analysis
- Supports validation activity in process manufacturing areas.
- Leads continuous improvement projects and initiatives and is owner of yield performance and cycle time improvement.
- Provides training and mentoring to build technical capabilities among teams.
- Supports capital projects throughout equipment lifecycle.
- Strong technical knowledge of bulk API production
- Technical knowledge of OELs and product containment
- Experience with ATEX and Ex rated equipment a plus
- Technical knowledge of aseptic manufacturing techniques, procedures and theory a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices in pharmaceutical product development, scale-up and technology transfer.
- Specific knowledge of sterile pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and technologies a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, documentation skills and research skills.
- Very strong problem-solving skills, ideally using formal tools e.g. FMEA.
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical industry regulatory requirements.
- Clear understanding of the needs of cGMP and validation (DQ-PQ).
- DoE knowledge desirable.
- Knowledge of sterilization principles and practices a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Highly motivated with ability to work effectively with multidisciplinary teams or independently
- Strong team player.
- Good proactive approach & manner
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (ideally chemical), Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related Science discipline.
- Further qualification (Masters) in related discipline ideal.
- At least 8 years relevant experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, with at least 5 years experience in a comparable process engineering/technical services role.
- Must have experience working in bulk API production. Experience in a sterile manufacturing environment a plus. Ophthalmic manufacturing experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus
- Experience with many of the following processes:
- Bulk API production
- Product containment technologies such as isolators, split butterfly valves, local extracts, etc.
- Reaction and mixing operations
- Compounding – dispensing, formulation, sterile filtration, etc.
- Product introduction and transfer
- Cycle time and yield improvement initiatives
- Continuous improvement projects
- Equipment engineering runs, cycle development, PQ, Eng Runs, Media Fills and PV.
- Regulatory audit preparation and follow-up
- Equipment and component specification
- Component preparation – autoclaves, etc.
- Vial or bottle filling of sterile solutions
- Cleaning (CIP/SIP) and sterilisation technologies
- Isolator technology incl. VHP
- Primary container closure components
Work Environment/ Physical Demands /Travel
- The physical demands include those required of a normal office position and engineering shop floor support in a cleanroom environment- sterile cleanroom garb in a grade B. Full demands detailed in full job spec. Travel during the initial start-up phase of the manufacturing facility project is required for the first 12 months.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Mary Mullin on 09064 78104 and email your cv to email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs as well as our job searching tips and videos!