Video for this job
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide strong technical support on process/product technologies to support production.
- Set up, maintenance of and troubleshooting of production machines.
- Root cause and problem solve production issues for Injection Moulding Machines.
- Own and complete CAPA’s and NC’s related to production issues.
- Continuous improvement focus, demonstrating strong knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and applies these tools in the characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of process equipment and technology performance
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and application of Lean methodologies, and process improvement tools in identification and elimination of “waste” process steps and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Liaises with Engineering team or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Leads the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterisation, optimization and troubleshooting of key processes and equipment.
- Co-ordinates the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Completes or leads the writing and release of process validation documentation including FMEA’s, Validation Plans, protocols and reports.
- Co-ordinates execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and the compilation, analysis and reporting of the validation results.
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to H&S and product quality within the manufacturing environment.
- Understands and complies with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
Education & Experience Required:
- A degree in a relevant engineering subject is required or diploma with relevant additional industrial experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience and knowledge of injection moulding machines, process set up and optimization.
- Technical Writing Experience would be desirable.