Video for this job
To provide technical support to a leading Medical Devices Packaging company in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement, and troubleshooting.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Supports Manufacturing in becoming world class in all aspects of the business, beginning with Safety.
- Acts as a safety leader and puts safety first in all responsibilities. This includes ensuring all work is completed in accordance with safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures.
- Troubleshoots production and process problems; communicates with manufacturing, quality, and technical people regarding run problems; investigates root causes and recommends and helps implement corrective actions.
- Train machine operators on new equipment installations, modifications, and new operating procedures.
- Maintain standard operating conditions which ensures consistent manufacturing equipment processing conditions.
- Investigates causes of ongoing process, quality, production efficiency and high waste problems.
- Develops solutions using problem solving techniques. Facilitates updates to manufacturing departments. Initiates equipment modifications to increase machine productivity and reduce waste. Documents procedures.
- Makes recommendations and proposals for capital equipment and related expenditures.
- Participates in and leads Lean Six Sigma projects and initiatives.
- Conducts developmental runs and Commercialization qualification trial runs in conjunction with Research & Development (R&D) and PD functions.
- Assists the Product Engineers in the development of customer and internal specifications,
- Performs Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions for Customer Complaints as assigned.
- Identifies, develops, and implements plans associated with, but not limited to, cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general operational improvement using Six Sigma Statistical Methods.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Decision Making and Analysis: Identify process problems, research and evaluate solutions. Anticipates potential project constraints and challenges; forms alternate plans to resolve.
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to maintain projects.
- Knowledge of thermoforming processes and procedures
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Strong mechanical/electrical/or industrial knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to react quickly and logically to manufacturing problems.
- Ability to apply Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Solid computer skills – including Microsoft Word and Excel and aptitude to learn new software applications as required by the role.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Plastics, Polymer or Industrial preferred) and one to three years previous process/manufacturing engineering experience.
For more information contact David Lennonon 0906478104 or email@example.com