- Reference: CJ46504
- Job Type: Contract
- Location: Cork, Cork City, Munster
- Category: Engineering, Technical & Manufacturing
The role is to provide engineering support for manufacturing operations based within the value streams. The role requires technical ownership to be taken for a number of process steps and contributing towards key business drivers such as HSE, Quality, Supply and Cost. The role will also require a focus on process stability which will involve managing CAPA and CIP projects. As process owner the role will involve collaborating with a number of functional groups delivering projects in the value stream such as NPI and Manufacturing Engineering as well as with suppliers and other sister sites running similar processes.
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of engineering support for value stream processes.
- Elimination of safety and quality risks in the process through the delivery of robust engineering solutions.
- Manage costs through the delivery of scrap, reprocessing and consumable projects.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gauges and special equipment for manufacturing operations in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and outside vendors.
- Develop stable and capable manufacturing processes through a structured process development approach.
- Preparation of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
Health Safety & Environment
- Actively promote a safety culture.
- Manage contractors / vendors to ensure full compliance with site safety requirements.
- Ensure production equipment meets all relevant Health, Safety and Environment requirements through completion of required assessments and documentation.
- Competent in validation requirements for new consumables / materials and process changes.
- Updates and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for process steps.
- Ensure timely closure of quality actions such as Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s.
- Ensure all process development, validation, etc. is managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Support day to day operations through attendance and the timely closure of actions.
- Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to supply and quality issues as they arise through tools such as 8D and Six Sigma.
- Project Management – provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities ensuring projects are delivered to agreed timelines.
- Manage the consumables budget for the assigned value stream identifying opportunities for cost reduction and managing the delivery of savings.
- Lead scrap reduction within the value stream through a structured approach to data capture, analysis and problem solving.
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the continuous improvement program.
- Provide process input into the value stream mapping process which is used to develop the business plan for the value stream.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Actively interface with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating and project requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture.
- Work with Team Lead and/or Manager to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good Problem-Solving skills.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills with an attention for detail.
- Extent of confidentiality – discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline, with 2+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant projects to completion, on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to make effective decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma or Statistical Engineering.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Aisling on 021 4809118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!