An exciting opportunity for an experienced Process Engineer to join a leading life sciences company based in Cork on an initial 12-month contract with great scope for extension/permanency.
- Is responsible for dealing with process, product and quality issues to achieve long term solutions. This includes technical support and contact with external Millipore personnel and customers on process and product lines. This also includes day to day troubleshooting and process support.
- The initiation, co-ordination and completion of capital and process development projects within the membrane manufacturing plants, using structured approach and detailed planning to deliver projects that meet or exceed stakeholder expectations and that are delivered Right First Time, safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Completing and leading cost resolution projects year on year as per individual goals.
- Leading and coordinating troubleshooting of day to day production and process issues.
- Lead and co-ordinate Risk Mitigation initiatives such as FMEA and Risk Assessments.
- Thorough investigation of Quality and EHS issues using Root Cause Analysis methodology, and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions to prevent recurrence.
- Coordinate and supervising direct reports to achieve key priorities and goals of the group and the plant. (Identify and support the training and development needs of direct reports).
- Is responsible for the process development related to the new products and qualifications. This included trail work to determine process windows prior to qualifications.
- Is responsible for the development, introduction and operation of process monitoring/control system and procedures. All data to be reviewed and analyses to identify trends, weaknesses etc.
- Degree in Chemistry / Chemical/Process Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably within the Chemical Process Industry
- Working Knowledge of the following would be an advantage but not a requirement:
-Automated control loop design and optimization
-Process trending and data extraction software
-Minitab/ Lean 6 Sigma techniques
-Microsoft excel to an advanced level
-Microbiological requirements in GMP manufacturing
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Barry O'Brien.