A permanent opportunity has arisen with a global medical device manufacturer. They are looking for a Process Development Engineer to join their team working a hybrid model. Onsite days will be spent at their facility in Galway. This is an exciting and diverse role which will give the successful candidate exposure to all areas of new product and process development including Design, Process Development, Technology Development, Automation, Vendor Management & Project management.
This is an ideal role for candidates who are currently working in Process Development or those who have over 2 years experience in NPD, R&D or Manufacturing and who are looking to broaden their exposure.
- You will use Design, Reliability & Manufacturability methodology (DRM), and 3-D drawing to develop best in class technologies, equipment, and processes for the manufacture of our new medical device product ranges.
- You will collaborate with cross functional teams to define, execute, and deliver on New Product Development requirements.
- You will support teams driving technology process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, technical rigor and developing state of the art automated and semi-automated systems.
- You will support process development, characterization, and validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) activities to support new product introduction.
- You will utilize your new and existing skillsets in six sigma tools, project management and technology development to solve technical problems.
- You will compile, document, and present all learnings to project and functional teams e.g., Technical Reviews, Design Reviews, Project Dashboards.
- You will participate in functional initiatives that support the continuous improvement of the Process Development organization.
Key Skills & Experience
- Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline.
- Desirably 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of medical device processes with a good understanding of product and process design.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable.
For a confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.