Process Development Engineer required to join a dynamic R&D team developing innovative and sensor-based guidewires. As a member of a small R&D team, you will have the responsibility for developing and maintaining manufacturing processes, supporting both product development and manufacturing needs.
- Primary responsibility for process development activities in assigned area, supporting the needs of new product developments and manufacturing/continuous improvement initiatives.
- Review product designs, test protocols and co-develop critical characteristics/tolerances for initial testing, validations and subsequent routine manufacturing controls.
- Participate in design evaluations where appropriate.
- Support product development builds including prototype and pre-production build.
- Support design and process improvement activities.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement activities using statistical techniques, lean manufacturing tool, six sigma, design experimentation for process and equipment, to achieve targets and cost savings.
- Lead or support, troubleshooting on equipment while providing coaching and mentoring to other engineering staff. Will have a prime role with respect to equipment and process safety ensuring standards are met and exceeded at all times.
- Maintain the R&D equipment and laboratories in line with GMP to support all R&D prototyping activities and pre-design verification builds.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering or material Science.
- 2-6 years of experience preferably in the medical device industries or other comparable industries (e.g. electronics, automotive etc…)
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Ability to apply engineering methods in the definition, design, research, development, utilisation, maintenance, and cost-control of processes and equipment to build products, improve qualities and reduce costs of such processes and products.
- Proficiency and experience in 2D and 3D CAD Modelling using SolidWorks or equivalent is an advantage.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Stephen Kelly on 091706714 or email email@example.com