- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Media Chromatography Manufacturing Plant.
- Characterisation / Optimisation of the critical chemical processes including SCADA.
- Setup appropriate process control measures and tracking of same.
- Recommend/design/document appropriate trial activities in association with Production, R&D and Quality to reduce cycle time, increase yield, improve both safety and product quality.
- Evaluate new technology and raw materials which may be considered for use.
- New raw material characterisation / validation.
- Support conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Analyse and implement corrections to technical issues relating to production processes, ensuring the process works at the optimal level, to the right rate and quality of output, to meet supply needs.
- Develop and implement ‘pre-identified’ short and long-term projects, and identify, develop and implement ‘future’ short and long-term projects to improve the manufacturing processes and eliminate waste within the Media operation. Project manage all process improvement projects via detailed project schedules.
- Support the management of the plant BoMs & Routings, Change Control, develop expertise in Oracle & SAP.
- Support EHS Compliance & Facility Upgrade Projects.
- Work closely with other functions including Production, EHS, Quality, Process Chemists, R&D.
- Ensure that all appropriate personnel are fully trained on any new technology introduced as part of a project.
- Develop and sustain an environment of continuous improvement through active implementation of Process Excellence and Lean Six Sigma methodologies. Specifically use lean tools where possible in improvement of areas including, but not limited to:
- Efficiency improvement.
- Scrap reduction.
- Product quality improvement.
- Cost reduction.
- Safety enhancement
- Ensure all Media Process Engineering documentation is fully auditable i.e. that it is reviewed and or prepared, updated and filed in accordance with all Regulatory guidelines. Additionally, review and update any quality documentation affected by a project.
- Ensure compliance in accordance with cGMP and safety rules on new and existing equipment.
- Develop submissions for the Operating Plan and Projects, through preparation of quotation-based budgets and forecasts for Process & Technology Dept. discretionary and capital spend.
- Chemistry to Degree Level. Masters or Ph.D. would be an advantage.
- 2-5 years within an API, Biotechnology or Chemical processing environment
- Knowledge of chemistry of affinity chromatography would be an advantage.
- Effective verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning ability.
- Computer literate Excel, Word etc.
- Project focused, strong organisational & time management skills.
- Methodical work approach.
- Leadership skills
- Influencing skills
- A demonstrated commitment to safety
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org