Our client is seeking to recruit a Process Automation Engineer to join their growing team. This is a permanent contract based in Roscommon.
This role will support and develop the site-wide manufacturing control system to ensure that it meets current standards and functionality as well as maximizing operational efficiency.
As a Process Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Support process control systems in a manufacturing environment
- Analysis of process data and support of continuous improvement efforts
- Support of operations to optimize process performance
- Integrate business systems with line control to automate machine operation and data transfer
- Own and develop effective use of SCADA and MIS data to support manufacturing and utility operations
- Commissioning of new and modifications of current equipment
- Provide client engineering input to scope definition for automation strategy for manufacturing equipment design
- Providing guidance to the Senior Management Team on best practices and methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Computer, Mechatronics, Robotics, or Electromechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2+ years of manufacturing experience ideally in the Food and Beverage industry
- Hands-on experience with process controls equipment
- Experience with communication protocols
For a confidential discussion and more information on this Process Automation Engineer role, please contact Chloe Somers