Collins McNicholas currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Automation Engineer with one of their clients in the Mid-West Region. This role is a permanent position.
The following are the key requirements for the role:
- Develop assembly concepts and solutions for new products.
- Work closely with R&D through the product acquisition and development phases.
- Develop concepts, proposals, specifications and requirements documents for assembly solutions.
- Manage all technical aspects of custom process automation solutions
- To develop presentations and documentation for equipment and processes as required.
- To deliver input and be involved in the process of deciding on the best configuration for production lines together with other departments.
- To do evaluations of equipment and processes as required for management.
- To develop expertise in various automation processes.
- To visit suppliers where required in delivering projects.
- To research various technologies related to achieving and improving high volume production line automation.
- To audit equipment suppliers or solution providers when and where the need arises
- To work towards achieving (and exceeding) the goads of the department as well as the targets set out in the engineer’s annual appraisal.
- Propose and develop cost saving solutions for current processes.
- Health and safety for self and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Level 8 on NFQ).
- 3 years’ experience in a High-Volume Manufacturing Environment.
- Experience in complex mechanical assembly and automation processes is required.
- High-level experience of design requirements for high-speed production equipment.
- Good understanding of efficient and effective component design for volume manufacturing processes.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Strong Tool / Equipment Design knowledge.
For a confidential discussion on the above role please contact Michael O’Leary on 061-512270