- Manage all technical aspects of custom process automation solutions.
- Develop concepts, proposals, specifications and requirements documents for automation projects.
- To develop documentation for equipment and processes where required.
- To deliver input and be involved in the process of deciding on the best configuration for production lines together with other departments.
- Build install and commission automation equipment as required for management.
- To do evaluations of equipment and processes as required for management.
- To develop expertise in various automation processes.
- To administer training in various processes where required.
- To provide advice and informed opinion as required for management.
- To visit suppliers where required in delivering projects.
- To develop reports where relevant as required by management.
- To research various technologies related to achieving and improving high volume production line automation.
- To audit equipment suppliers or solution providers when and where the need arises
- To work towards achieving (and exceeding) the goads of the department as well as the targets set out in the engineer’s annual appraisal.
- Propose and develop cost saving solutions for current company processes.
- Health and safety for self and others.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor/manager.
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Level 8 on NFQ).
- 3 years’ experience in a High Volume Manufacturing Electronic Industry.
- Electro-Mechanical Fundamentals.
- Electro-Pneumatic principles i.e. electro-pneumatic schematics and PLC Programming (Ladder Logic & Mnemonic code).
- Basic Tool Design.
- User experience with Auto-Cad or equivalent.
- Experience with CE mark certification an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Highly motivated person with the ability to work as part of a team or individually.
- Willingness to travel at short notice for project related supplier visits or subsidiary support.
- Ability to write concise reports.
- Project Management Skills an advantage.
- Basic German language would be an advantage but not a requirement.
- PC Skills – MS Excel, Word, Outlook & Project.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911066 or email email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!