Lead And run the Engineering, Technical and Maintenance Services functions within budget and to plan, thereby creating a state-of-the-art automated manufacturing plant using best practice technologies and latest / breakthrough technologies.
What You’re Great At:
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, with senior stakeholders and employees
- Ability to coach and mentor others to succeed
- Strong Process and Maintenance Engineering skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic imperatives/objectives.
- Develop and implement the Engineering and Technical Services functions strategic imperatives in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives/objectives.
- Develop and implement a world-class Process Engineering and Maintenance Engineering organization.
- Manage, develop and lead departmental staff in a manner that will facilitate employee development, identifying training needs, stretch assignments and opportunities for development.
- Create and maintain an environment of Continuous Improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, equipment reliability, process development, and supply.
Business Results & Performance:
- Ensure the Engineering and Technical Services functions conform to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
- Ensure regular communication of business performance/issues to all relevant employees.
- Ensure responsibilities under the Quality System as defined in the Quality Manual are attained and maintained by Engineering and Technical Services employees.
- Ensure all HSE requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the Company Safety Statement and Environmental policy and actively promote Health & Safety within the Engineering and Technical Services functions, ensuring Health & Safety is a goal for all direct/indirect reports.
- Manage function expenses, variable costs and plant capital to budget.
- Ensure business transformation is embraced and supported by the Engineering and Technical services functions.
Collaboration & Teaming:
- Work as a strategic partner with all other departments to develop Best in Class orthopedics plant and a flagship company.
- Provide leadership within the Engineering and Technical Services functions that will deliver superior business results in-line with objectives.
- Ensure there is close collaboration between associates in Engineering, R&D, Production, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Planning, Materials, etc. when introducing new products and / or making product changes.
- Actively participate in / lead MD&D Engineering and Technical Services initiatives.
Engineering & Technical Services Function:
- Develop Capital Investment requirements for the business that will drive cost improvement and increased capacity.
- Ensure all CIP / Capital investment projects are reviewed in relation to the effect on current/future working practices.
- Ensure financial justifications for new Plant & Equipment meet internal / franchise requirements where appropriate.
- Support Capacity Increase projects to ensure design for manufacture / value.
- Ensure all engineering / Technical services activities within the company are coordinated in-line with production requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest thinking in terms of technologies and continue to develop knowledge of business by visiting machinery and equipment exhibitions, suppliers, seminars, etc.
- Ensure the facility is maintained at a high level in terms of utilities, plant, and equipment, replacing obsolete/inefficient plant and equipment where necessary.
- Ensure all equipment/machines are maintained to factory standard and uptime is optimized.
- Ensure all risks associated with the introduction of new equipment, products and or processes are mitigated.
- Ensure purchase orders are created and approved in-line with current good accounting/purchasing practices.
- Maintain compliance to all QA / Regulatory / Corporate / SOX requirements and follow-up with internal and external audit findings.
- Support the launch quantities and production ramp-up schedules for all NPI’s and product transfers.
- Lead specific improvement initiatives to drive increased efficiency / reduced costs in the business
- Support attainment of key business metrics through the provision of maintenance support for value stream processes.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on downtime, budget, and projects as well as Root Cause Analysis and implementation of robust solutions to issues.
- Manage csts through the delivery of reliability and cost improvement projects.
- Manage the execution of the Preventative Maintenance program for the assigned value streams.
- Management of the maintenance team to include resource planning, training and development opportunities
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail, alongside:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of manufacturing management experience in a Maintenance / Operations / Engineering role within a large fast-paced company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues and provide practical and cost-effective engineering solutions.