- Reference: CJ46239
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cork
- Category: General Management
- Active member of the Senior Management Team contributing to the overall success and direction of the Cork site.
- Own, manage and implement the Site Master plan (including Plant Asset Lifecycle Program) to define, enable and deliver investment and technology requirements for capacity, efficiency, productivity, compliance and EHS (Environmental, Health, and Safety) to meet the strategic direction of the site with the LS CI Global Supply Chain.
- In conjunction with the site Lean team and other GE support groups, develop, agree and implement the site Brilliant Factory strategy including the site Digital Services function.
- Develop and Lead Process and Compliance Improvement opportunities for the site. Work with GE partners & others to identify & implement new technologies that will give compliance, EHS and productivity or other benefits to the site.
- Manage all medium and long-term engineering activities so future plant output targets are achieved in a compliant environment (GMP), and engineering activities comply with laws, regulations, and standards both internally and with external statuary bodies.
- Ensure Energy Management (ISO50001 certification) initiatives are implemented.
- In Conjunction with Engineering & Operations partners, Identify & Implement Reliability & Maintenance Best Practice Opportunities that increase the compliance and efficiency of the site.
- Responsible for having the necessary trained engineering resources with the appropriate skills available to maximise operational equipment uptime.
- Partner with the Operations Engineering Leader to develop strategic direction and resource allocation between the 2 engineering teams on site
- Continue to develop Lean methodologies and direction for the Cork site.
- Ensure best practice Project management and Project delivery standards are met COST
- Co-ordinate engineering strategic activities to support cost effective Engineering Structures and procedures.
- Manage, prioritise and give leadership to site CAPEX projects as they arise. Manage the site CAPEX budget. EXTERNAL FOCUS
- Have External Focus to understand business and engineering trends in the global supply chain and external bodies to implement best practices in Cork site.
- Manage Continuous Professional Development for the Engineering team through education, training, and on the job experience programs COMPLIANCE, EHS & QUALITY
- Ensure all work completed by team or suppliers adheres to EHS policies
- Ensure compliance with changing engineering and validation regulatory standards and guidelines
- Leading, motivating, developing, and managing the performance of the Strategic Engineering Team
· Degree or equivalent experience in Engineering and/or in a related business discipline.
· Significant people management experience in a pharmaceutical, device, process, or regulated industry
· Very strong development, maintenance, process, or validation experience in a pharmaceutical, process or regulated industry.
· Significant experience of budget management.
· Excellent knowledge and experience of documentation, standards, and guidelines.
· Excellent communication skills and a proven track record in managing people on a wide range of tasks.
· A strong working knowledge of processes such as project management, validation, automation, maintenance systems, 6 sigma, lean methodology, cost centre management, and change management processes.
· A strong working knowledge of site plant processes including Production, Packaging, Facilities, Utilities, Logistics, Finance, EHS, Quality.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Eloísa Ruiz on 021 4911066 or email email@example.com
For more information on our Recruitment and HR Services and to see a full list of our available jobs across Ireland, please visit our website www.collinsmcnicholas.ie
Follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our Recruitment Consultants to discuss the latest jobs, our job searching tips & videos!