- Identify, develop and implement improvement projects, using lean six sigma tools where appropriate, in the areas of:
- Efficiency improvement.
- Scrap reduction.
- Product quality improvement.
- Cost reduction.
- Safety enhancement.
- Champion the use of lean six sigma tools in the technical transfer of products between facilities and continuous improvement of commercial products.
- Lead raw material change activities in the area.
- Support the implementation of product data collection systems and analytical techniques such as SPC, FMEA and DOE.
- Lead investigations into process, product and quality issues to achieve long term solutions. This includes technical support and contact with external company personnel and customers on process and product lines. Use of Root Cause Analysis methodology, and implementation of robust corrective and preventative actions.
- The initiation, co-ordination and completion of capital and process development projects within the membrane manufacturing plants, using structured approach and detailed planning to deliver projects that meet or exceed stakeholder expectations and that are delivered Right First Time, safely, on schedule and within budget.
- Lead and co-ordinate Risk Mitigation initiatives such as FMEA and Risk Assessments.
- Support the management of the plant BOMs and COR systems. Develop expertise in Oracle/SAP.
- May be responsible for the process development related to new products and qualifications. This includes trial work to determine process windows prior to qualifications.
- Responsible for the development, introduction and operation of process monitoring/control system and procedures. Review of data to identify trends, weaknesses etc.
- Maintain and develop process documentation and procedures.
- Support the various groups: quality, validation, maintenance, EHS etc to achieve objectives.
- Stay up to date on the technology surrounding membranes and membrane processes through Journal, Patent or similar sources, and through networking with membrane experts within the organisation.
- Ensure that process information is documented and that this document is updated as necessary to reflect increased process knowledge and understanding.
- Ensure compliance with GMP + Safety rules on new + existing equipment.
- Degree in Chemistry/Chemical/Process Engineering or equivalent.
- A postgraduate qualification in one of these disciplines would be an advantage.
- 3-5 years relevant experience, preferably within the Chemical Process Industry.
- Leadership & Influencing Skills.
- A Demonstrated Commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Automated control loop design and optimization
- Process trending and data extraction software
- Minitab/ Lean 6 Sigma techniques
- RCA methodology
- Microsoft Excel to an advanced level
- Microbiological requirements in GMP manufacturing
- Effective verbal, written & interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new technologies & skills in a timely manner.
- Strong organisational, time management and planning ability.
- Computer literate Excel, Word, Powerpoint etc.
- Project focused, strong organisational & time management skills
- Methodical work approach.
- Short Term Travel Assignments may be required.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Josh Barnes on 021-4911066 or email email@example.com