Our clients Supplier Optimization Engineering team that is part of the Operations Innovation organization within our client, focus' on providing leadership and direction for the management, identification, implementation, and prioritization of supplier excellence cost-down projects. Our client is looking for leaders with a demonstratable track record of consistently delivery results in a matrixed organization. This Principal Sourcing Engineer will directly be involved in collaborating with various internal functions and the supplier to ensure that projects are executed on schedule and on budget.
- This position will report directly to the Director of Supplier Optimization for Electronics. You will establish and maintain strong cross functional collaboration with R&D, Electronic Contract Manufacturers, Supply Chain, Sourcing, OpEx and Corporate initiatives and leadership while ensuring projects are on time, on budget and delivering measurable results.
- Provides technical engineering expertise and leadership to the organization and suppliers, serving as the technical liaison between our clients design requirements and supplier technical capability to assure that robust margins are achieved and maintained.
- Manage one or more supplier transfer projects with well-defined plans and delivery methodologies. Accountable for overall project progress, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Lead cross functional teams including design, operations, category management, contract manufacturers / OEM, supplier quality to ensure successful completion of projects and business goals. Conduct supplier design reviews to identify and mitigate test coverage gaps and address quality and manufacturability defect points.
- Develop, communicate, and document transfer project strategies and plans including budget, detailed schedule creation / maintenance, KPIs. This includes program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budgets.
- Ensure projects remain aligned with the project plan by addressing any resource conflicts and addressing problems as they emerge. Facilitate project team meetings and discussion, prepare the agenda, take, and distribute meeting minutes.
- Track spending associated to a given project. Provide monthly forecasts on upcoming spending. Forecast resource and skill set needs for the projects and participate in resourcing discussions / negotiation.
- Demonstrated business acumen and successful experience managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and directing matrixed teams and resources.
- Execute and support phase in – phase out (PIPO) planning for assigned transfer projects.
- Establish a measurement and reporting framework to review and report project progress with key stakeholders and management teams.
Key Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Electrical and Electronics experience.
- Extensive experience leading projects / programs including financial accountability including strong preference for PMP certification.
- Effective planning and organization skills including the proven ability to work against multiple objectives simultaneously.
- Track record of effective relationship management with suppliers.
- Proficient in structured problem-solving techniques.
- Prior experience managing site to site transfer projects in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain a trusted role with the various stakeholders in coordinating multiple functions across the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of tools including PowerPoint and project management tools to communicate plans, risk mitigations, project planning and execution.
- Product / Process technical expertise include reviewing and ensuring adequacy of supplier part Qualification activities (i.e., validation including IQ, OQ, PQ activities).
- Supplier Quality experience.
For more information on this role and a confidential discussion please contact Christopher O Toole.
091 706 713