Our client is a global innovator in broadband technology. Their team collaborates with leading Service and Content Providers to build entertainment and communication solutions that are personalised and mobile. I am currently seeking an embedded software engineer (applications software) to design, develop and integrate Datapath, Networking and other applications in embedded systems for a telecommunication product.
About the role
In this role, you will join an established software development team, who have many years’ experience of Design and Development of cable products. This individual contributor engineering role involves the development and testing of the latest generation of cable infrastructure equipment, using the latest industry technologies. As part of the team, you will be encouraged to independently resolve technical problems, initiating design changes and provide engineering customer support. You will have the opportunity to participate in architecture decisions. You will be responsible for software/firmware feature development, integration, testing, and maintenance to support the design and deployment of DOCSIS-broadband and Video products, both in custom designed embedded-hardware and in off-the-shelf server platforms.
- Design and development of embedded Linux user space drivers and applications.
- Programming Multi-core processors at application software level.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of embedded software designs.
- Embedded software design, development and test in C/C++.
- Tackle networking interop issues with third-party equipment
- Write functional, design and test specifications.
- Prototyping software for new products
- Assist junior engineers with coding and troubleshooting.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with hardware and system engineering teams and partners
Key Skills & Experience
- Embedded Firmware development experience
- In-depth knowledge of communication systems software in a real-time embedded development environment.
- Strong programming experiences in C/C++
- In-depth knowledge of L2/L3 Networking Protocols
- Experience with design and development on multi-threaded and multi-processor systems
- Solid understanding of one or more RTOS (preferably vxWorks or Linux) and use of IDE development and debug tools.
- Preferred experience with industry standard protocols and SW technologies in the telecommunications or related fields
- Good written and verbal communication
For more information or even a private discussion please contact Ryan Blackett.