- Continually identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype
- Effectively represent the company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally
- May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product / process / engineering / leadership fronts
- May be required to resolve technical challenges with existing designs and support portfolio sustaining activities
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers
- Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
- Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
- Design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provides technical skills during research and / or product development
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
- May be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials
- Translates research discoveries into usable and marketable products
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- We are looking for a qualified person with a minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with a minimum 7 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- We are looking for an individual with extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and project / program management.
- We are looking for a proven influencer and someone who exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
- We are looking for strong communication and presentation skills and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Nicola Walsh.