Are you an experienced Product Development specialist looking for a new opportunity? If so, we are currently partnering with a leading medical device client in Galway who have brought a really exciting new role to market.
They are looking to hire a Principal Product Development Specialist to work in their PMO on a permanent basis. The role offers hybrid working and a competitive benefits package.
- You will be responsible for representing the Project Management Office (PMO) group on teams serving as PMO in the execution New Product Development projects.
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Build cross functional project schedules from first principles.
- Manage the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Contribute to defining the direction for new products, processes, standards, or operational plans based on business strategy with a significant impact on work group results.
- May manage large projects or processes that span outside of immediate job area.
- You will be leading project management activities (e.g., project planning, tracking, risk management, communications) within New Product Development (NPD) projects, lead continuous improvement projects to drive better execution of NPD projects and drive projects/sub-projects as necessary.
- Review status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers and clients.
- Monitor the project from initiation through delivery.
- You may have responsibility for resource management activities.
- You will support the overall project management infrastructure (metrics, reporting, administration, design, business reviews etc.).
- Contribute occasionally as leader of crisis teams chartered with getting projects back on track.
- Assesse project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Manage changing priorities on projects through effective schedule management and deployment of Project Management methodologies.
- Keep the Team Leader and key Sponsors and Stakeholders abreast of organizational capacity constraints and portfolio risks.
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve the project management processes, guidelines, tools, and business processes, including templates, best practices, and overall implementation.
- Train teams on adopted project management methodologies within NPD projects and within the global PMO.
- You are a recognized expert, managing large projects or processes.
- Typically provides guidance, coaching and training to other employees within the job area.
- Operate as role model by striving for continuous improvement and being an agent of change.
Key Skills & Experience
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level 8 in Engineering / Science or related discipline
- 7-10 years’ experience working in Project Management product development environment
- PMP, Agile and/or Master’s in Project Management is desirable
- Dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross functional global teams.
- Experienced with MS project, MS Office, and good team skills with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Excellent communication, organizational, presentation and leadership skills are desirable.
- Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion on this role contact Amy Newell.