As a member of our Structural Heart & Aortic Engineering team with our client, they ensure Operations functional support to the Product Development Core Teams. At our clients Process Development Department, they focus on designing and developing cutting edge technologies for the manufacture of medical devices.
Their Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products and processes for use in medical procedures.
• As a Principal engineer you will actively participate in all areas of new product development including the following: Design, Technology development & advancement, Automation, Vendor management & Project management.
• Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department
• Required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product /process /engineering /leadership fronts
• Required to resolve technical challenges with existing processes and technologies.
• You will use Design, Reliability & Manufacturability methodology (DRM), 3-D drawing/printing and Augmented reality to develop best in class technologies for the manufacture of our new medical device product ranges.
• You will collaborate with cross functional teams to define, execute and deliver on New Product Development requirements.
• You will lead teams driving technology process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing variation and developing state of the art automated and semi-automated systems.
• You will lead and support process development, characterization and validation activities to support new product introduction.
• Partake in cross site Technical Forums and build a network within the technical community
• Define and implement strategic goals in the technical community in line with the business unit strategy
• Third Level 8 Degree or higher in Electronic, Electrical, Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline and desirably with 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
• This role is primarily technical in nature; thus we seek someone who is passionate about Engineering concepts and principles – someone who gets a thrill from how and why things work.
• You are experienced with medical device product and process development and have a strong proven track record in innovation and project/program management.
• You are a seasoned professional in engineering development with extensive engineering knowledge and skills in some or all of the following:
Concept development and selection, technology evaluation, driving innovative solutions to complex problems, process design and development, materials (polymers and metals), design for six sigma principles, CAD (Solidworks preferred), statistical techniques, process validation and control.
• Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
• Good communicator and fluent in English, with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
• Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are necessary
• You are a proven influencer and exhibit skills in driving large scale technical initiatives.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role please contact Christopher O Toole