Principal Engineer – Reliability & Maintenance | Waterford | E. email@example.com T. 021 491 1065|
A senior-level position with an employer of choice offering a very competitive salary. Strong people mgmt experience is essential as you will have a team of 5 direct reports.
Please get in touch for an in-depth chat – 021 491 1065.
- Design and optimize maintenance strategies, procedures and methods of work execution.
- Lead the planning and scheduling of routine maintenance work.
- Lead A3 project team to resolve repetitive equipment faults or process instabilities.
- Working with Maintenance/Engineering to optimise planned maintenance routines
- Carry out quality inspections on jobs, work execution, identify improvements in tasks and
- Liaise with client departments, customers and other engineering and production colleagues
- Arrange specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Support the control maintenance costs
- Work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (EAM, HMI), which control machinery on factory assembly lines
- Coach maintenance and engineering excellence strategies to help with installation and commissioning guidelines.
- Deputize for Maintenance or Engineering Manager on occasion.
- Support planning and scheduling to minimize impact to HVM operations.
- Act as key site contact for maintenance excellence initiatives
Role Requirements –
- 10+ years’ experience of maintenance-related roles in high-volume industries with significant technology content. Extensive hands-on experience of systems development and deployment, staff engagement and change management. Knowledge of medical device and/or pharmaceutical production preferred (cGMP / FDA regulated environment).
- Bachelor’s in engineering or other technical discipline preferred. Experience in managing or leading engineering improvement projects, technical or systems related.
- Knowledge of auto report generation, PLC I/O machine connectivity and equipment or engineering system reliability metrics development advantageous.
- Experience in EAM/CMMS systems and system development
- People-management skills.
- MRO stores systems experience.
- Proven ability to support Electronic Asset Management System deployment and technology development.
- Self-Directed, excellent communication skills in technical subjects. Ability to form relationships with stakeholders from many sites and work within cross-functional teams.
- Experience of building effective MRO stores operating systems, Space management, new technology development for inventory control and cycle counting.
- Excellent teamworking skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels.
For a confidential discussion and more information on the role, please contact Edel O’Brien on 021-4911065 or email firstname.lastname@example.org